What is Rafiki?
Rafiki is open source software that allows an Account Servicing Entity to enable Interledger functionality on its users' accounts.
- sending and receiving payments (via SPSP and Open Payments)
- allowing third-party access to initiate payments and view transation data (via Open Payments)
❗ Rafiki is intended to be run by Account Servicing Entities only and should not be used in production by non-regulated entities.
Rafiki is made up of several components including an Interledger connector, a high-throughput accounting database called TigerBeetle, and several APIs:
- the Admin API to create peering relationships, add supported assets, and issue payment pointers
- the Open Payments API to allow third-parties (with the account holder's consent) to initiate payments and to view the transaction history
- the SPSP API for simple Interledger Payments
Additionally, this package also includes a reference implementation of a GNAP authorization server which handles the access control for the Open Payments API. For more information on the architecture, check out the Architecture documentation.